Engineering and Provisioning:
- You install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- You develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- You contribute to and maintain system standards.
- You research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
- You perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- You perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- You perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- You create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- You repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted teams.
- You apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- You maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- You perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- You maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Looking for candidates who are flexible to work in rotational shifts.
- You have Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- You have good knowledge of scripting like Shell/Python
- You have 2+ years system administration/debugging experience, scripting and related tools.
- You have systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix will be added advantage.
- You have knowledge of Nagios/Puppet/Chef as mandatory