As the saying goes: “A picture is worth a thousand words”. How about a motion picture then? There is no doubt about the fact that video ads are currently one of the most compelling way to advertise your mobile game (or app for that matter). Video is a strong medium because it enables you to convey a lot of emotions in short period of time. The truth is, however, that when talking of video ads for mobile user acquisition today most people think of in-app video clips.
TV and YouTube: An Extremely Wide Reach
A few data points on TV and YouTube to start with:
- According to eMarketer, TV represents 36.5% of time spent with major media in the US (2014).
- The share of ad spending on TV, in spite of the rise of mobile, will not significantly drop between 2012 and 2018: from 39.1% down to 36.1% (eMarketer). On mobile the same figure will increase from 2.6% to 24.9%.
- YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine behind Google and the third largest social platform.
- YouTube has over 1 billion Monthly Active Users (MAUs) globally.
- In 2013, 40% of YouTube traffic was mobile.
However, and in spite of their huge potential, these channels have until now been rather underrated as effective user acquisition channels on mobile. In this upcoming webinar, we will dive into the best practices of advertising a mobile game on TV and YouTube, in five steps:
- Understand why TV is the next big marketing tool
- Discover the current evidence for TV success
- Effectively plan your TV campaign
- Get to know why TV and digital media are a perfect fit
- Advertise on YouTube the right way
The webinar will take place on Wednesday, September 24 at 10am PDT / 6pm BST and will be presented by our own Michael Puriz, Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager. Michael will also share his experience of running TV and YouTube campaigns for some of AppLift’s largest clients. The webinar is obviously free of charge, but we have a limited number of available spots, so don’t waste time and click here to register now!