Week 11Once again, we have gathered 5 links you absolutely shouldn't miss this week. Learn about the most promising game developers from all over the world and get an overview of the most popular social messaging apps!
- The top 3 social messaging apps among smartphone users (Adweek)In the first article we think you shouldn't miss this week, Adweek takes a closer look at the most popular social messaging apps around the world, and presents a nice graphic overview of market shares in key markets.
- Tencent is now the worlds #1 game company ([a]listdaily)According to the latest industry report from Newzoo, Chinese Tencent is now the biggest game company in the world in terms of revenue. The report explains how Tencent earned its position, and also other interesting insights about the Chinese games market, e.g. how mobile revenue in China grew even more in 2013 than analytics expected.
- 10 developers that are reshaping the global mobile industry (PocketGamer)Pocket Gamer takes a look into the future, and in this article they present the 10 mobile game developers that are going to shape the global mobile industry in the following years. Read the article, and get introduced to mobile game studios from, among others, South Africa and Brazil.
- Samsung expects Tizen’s app store soon (Droid Report)Samsung is moving closer to launch the long-awaited OS Tizen, thus taking a step away from Google and Android, and moving closer to a model similar to that of the iPhone and iOS. So far there are 6.000 apps designed for Tizen, but this number is expected to grow significantly.
- Report: Facebook pulls ahead of Google in US digital display ad revenues (AdExchanger)The last article we don’t want you to miss this week is an analysis of the display ad market in the US, based upon data published by eMarketers. The data reveals that Facebook had more ad impressions on mobile than desktop last quarter, and saw a growth of 50.5% last year in US digital display ad revenue, whereas Google's revenue "only" grew by 33%.